Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's getting closer. . . .

Time change is certainly a difficult time for me it seems. My sleep pattern is altered and I seem to want to migrate to the bed sooner! With the longer nights you would think that my tendencies would be to sleep longer but quite the opposite occurs! My beloved insomnia re-appears every year around this time allowing me to wake at 1 or 2 am and feeling like I should be ready to go! It is important for me to have my 6-7 hours of sleep a night; not necessarily for myself, but for those around me. I turn into something that resembles a bear that has had his hibernation disturbed. Irritability sets in along with the short side of patience's! Pulling myself out of the "mood" sometimes is difficult.



I do find myself wondering why I am this way every year. The potion to help myself has been the beginning of the Christmas Holiday Season- my personal favorite (by far) holiday! What has been a drab season with the sun light decreasing, the leaves dieing and nature falling asleep is always brightened up and given new life with the festive lights and decorations that has been donned all around! Granted, the festivities isn't always celebrating the marvelous miracle of the birth of Christ like I would like for them to be; but none the less, in my mind they are! The twinkling of the lights shining bright in the darkness is exciting for me!



This season of the year brings time to reflect on life for me, especially the last couple of years. It reminds me that living isn't the only part of existence but only part of it; dieing is the other. Things in life begins with freshness and excitement of the future! The possibilities are endless and within grasp of the younger mind of optimism. Once, being the new generation, life didn't seem so complex. There was no reason to be concerned about the next season of life as it seemed invincible. But as spring passed and the dwindling of summer in my life rolls around, fall seems to be nearing quickly. Optimism is suppressed, prospectives of life are changing, and concerns of future is thought of for the first time.



Being in the middle of life is an award winning place to be for reflection actually. From this vantage point I can look back at my children and remember that stage (spring) of life and enjoy seeing my loved ones going through that stage. Then I can look forward to generations that are ahead of me and begin to see their concerns in a different prospective. Being the man that my wives says I am, I analyze everything. What could I have done better, what can I do not to be like that, what is the best way . . . . . . .?



It is getting closer- the winter of life. I want to anticipate the winter of my life as I do each year the winter of the seasons. Life is something to be celebrated in every stage, to be cherished as it is a gift from God. I want to be able to see my life through each and every season. I want to celebrate the hard times I have been through; share* those times with people that are experiencing those seasons in their life so that they can have hope and be encouraged by my Lord and understand that He can be their Lord also.


Yes, Christmas and winter is approaching! It's getting closer!

2 comments:

  1. I have a kind of insomnia too. I need to take naps most every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled across your blog... hope you guys are doing well! Your grandson is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete