Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's a new day.

The long year of anticipation is now over, president-elect Obama is our next president come Jan. 09. The last 3-4 months has been full of speculations, questions and all sorts of rumors on both sides; so much that it is almost like living in a tabloid! My choice, it doesn't really matter anymore. A week ago I would of been more than glad to discuss issues of my concerns and reasoning behind why or why not I wanted either one of the candidates; however, that time has elapsed and now we are moving forward.

As a child I was taught by my mother that the scriptures tell us to pray for things that we want or need but when God answers those prayers; whether it be yes, no, or even maybe, I need to trust God to know what is right. The childhood teaching is very applicable to the last week. God heard my voice and has answered in the way that He knows we need. Our president certainly isn't my savior- this world is only temporary. The man God has Allowed to be president will be used by Him in any means He desires. I am to continue to rest in the arms of the Lord for my salvation and comfort; knowing good and well that God is where I get my peace, but more importantly I am to pray for our leaders of our government. The scriptures specifically say that there is no one in the leadership of government that He hasn't already known would be there. Knowing that, it's all good. I don't agree with a lot of things that our president stands for morally or concerning our military or our government; but knowing that God knows that and He still allowed him to be in the place that he is- I'll trust God to know what He is doing!

Ideally it would seem that things in America would get better; the economy get back on track, the men/women would come home from war, there would be no more threats of terrorism in the world, the stock market would turn around, housing would be on the increase, unemployment would be going down, and medical insurance would be affordable to all without the government having to intercede for those that can't afford it. Wouldn't that be nice?

Right before Christ left this world He was telling His disciples that in this world we will have trials and tribulations but we are to be of good cheer because He has overcome the world. I wonder if that made any sense to those guys at the time. Being on this side of the history we totally see what Jesus was talking about. So it is today for us, we may need to go through some tough economical times, some defeats in our jobs/money markets/ and housing; but our reality as Christians is that no matter, God's got us covered. We draw our comfort and peace from Him. Although times are rough here we are always promised tomorrow. Earth isn't our home, we are merely biding our time till we are made perfect in heaven with Him.

Tomorrow will be interesting, and the next day and the next day. But I can't imagine going it without Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment